Monday, January 23, 2012

The Bible in a Year: Week 3

Three weeks into this venture, I still feel like I have failed a little at finding and setting aside time to really devote to reading my Bible prayerfully and reflectively. Maybe it's because I worked 30+ hours last week and barely found time to read everything to begin with, but I'm kind of tired of making excuses for myself.

That being said, there has been a lot of stuff that has stood out for me this week. Specifically, this week included many readings involving Jesus' ministry and the whole history of Jacob and his sons. What I found particularly great about intentionally reading through these passages was the story of Joseph in Genesis. The grace he shows to his brothers when they come to Egypt, and the passion he shows to his brother Benjamin- the way he just breaks down and cries at the sight of him- was so moving for me! I'm the kind of person who cries at pretty much everything, so it's always nice for me getting to see other people moved in similar ways. Joseph's story is amazing because he was literally thrown out like garbage, but found so much favor in the Lord and was taken in by Pharaoh and just blessed so incredibly much. This picture of God's grace and love for His people is such a beautiful reminder for all of us.

That's all I've really got to say today. I'll probably do an extra post this week to make up for it, and you can keep your eyes open for another post on Wednesday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment